D&AD New Blood Awards Production Assistant
Application Deadline: 9.00am, Monday 27 January 2020
Reporting to: Foundation Manager
Contract: March – May/June/July 2020 (contract lengths vary)
Location: London E1/E2
Hours: Office hours are 9.30am – 5.30pm However, flexibility will be required when working to deadlines and for judging events.
Salary: £20,000 per annum / pro rata Purpose of job:
Every year D&AD’s New Blood Awards receive thousands of entries from students, graduates, and other young creatives all over the world. This role is to assist in all aspects of production of the Awards; from helping entrants submit their work, through to collecting credits and content for the work that eventually wins.
- Deal confidently and efficiently with incoming and outgoing entry queries.
- Provide a high level of customer service to entrants and tutors.
- Use the D&AD query database to log and resolve all queries.
- Use the D&AD cataloguing system to record and check entry data.
- Sort and open packages and process physical entry material.
- Quality check moving image, stills and web based entries.
- Identify and resolve problems with entries, contacting the entrant where necessary.
- Complete the detailed cataloguing, packaging and checking process to prepare the work in time for judging.
- Ensure the immaculate presentation and condition of work at all times.
- Liaise with management to resolve complex problems.
- If necessary make outbound calls to entrants and / or tutors to follow up on incomplete and unpaid entries.
- Ensure all the entries are catalogued in time for online judging.
- Communicate with the judges to ensure they understand and complete the online judging process on time.
- Resolve any issues that may be raised by judges during the online judging process.
- Inform management of any problems that may arise.
- Assist with set up of and take down of judging events.
- Ensure work is accurately prepared and displayed for judging.
- Support judging sessions and assist jury managers when required.
- Jury manage sessions if required.
- Help resolve on-site problems and queries.
- Provide results support if required.
Content Collection & Editorial
- Collect, collate and proof successful entry credits, descriptions and images for trophies, certificates, Awards Ceremony, Membership recruitment, D&AD website, exhibitions and publications.
- Contact entrants to resolve problems with credits and images.
- Work with management and Finance department to reconcile entry payments where necessary.
- Provide support for the Professional Awards Production Team if required.
- Perform any other duties deemed appropriate by the Foundation Executive or New Blood Manager.
Additional Responsibilities if selected for longer term contract
- Contact winning entrants to let them know about the New Blood Academy
- Assist with the running of the New Blood Festival in July
Skills required for the job
- Computer literate.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- A second language (desirable but not essential).
- Working knowledge of: Adobe Production Suite (Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe After Effects and Abode Photoshop); digital media and file types; AV and IT equipment, including 3D technology (desirable but not essential).
- Knowledge of the advertising and design industry (desirable but not essential).
- Flexible approach to workload
- Sense of humour
In order to comply with the Prevention of Illegal Working, Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act, you will need to provide appropriate documentation that proves that you are eligible to work in the UK.
D&AD is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and Diversity. It is our commitment that no member of staff or job applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, marital or parental status, race, colour, nationality, religion, belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.