Reports to: Director of Foundation
Location: London, Shoreditch
Contract: 3 months temp, with the possibility of going permanent 2/3 days pw
Salary: On application
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced project manager to help initially in a bid as part of the EU Erasmus programme with a view if successful to be retained to help deliver the project.
This is a key and challenging role as the right candidate will be responsible for assisting in the process for seeking funds for D&AD. We already have a very experienced EU bid advisor and we have been very successful in the past with applications.
The post holder will provide a range of advice, support and project management services for seeking funds in the EU funding framework.
- Set up project management processes to support the applications for the Erasmus fundings
- Assist our bid advisor in the writing of and submitting of proposals
- Provide support to the selection of up to 6 partners on the application
- Liaise with external suppliers to deliver projects
- Work with the finance team on application budgets and budget track against the overall project
- Seek and identify adequate sources of funding for D&AD projects
- Track and manage progress against key milestones to ensure that the projects meet their deadlines
- Identify, manage and escalate risks to project deliveries
- Collect information from managers, process written inputs and background documents
- Work in close collaboration with management teams
- Define and implement the appropriate governance cadence
- Ensure the steering board, core project group and project workstreams have the right meeting cadence and clear agendas
- Manage reporting to the steering board and other stakeholders
- Act as the interface between the European Commission, project steering Committees, project partner organisations, third parties and the management teams
- Check and monitor of all aspects of the projects’ contractual documentation
- Generate and submit amendments to the projects and to help draft other agreements as required
- Assist in the preparation of detailed interim and final reports, as outlined in the projects’ EC Grant Agreements
- Provide specialist advice and support to the management team on specific EC-funded projects
- Liaise with European Commission officials and partners at the negotiation, project funds, contract implementation and reporting stages
- Understand of EU funding including EU Erasmus
The position will suit candidates with experience of funding project management, particularly multi-partners international EU funded collaborative projects and knowledge of EU Framework Programme funding.
- Extensive experience of project management
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders including EU Officials
- Work independently with minimal supervision to drive delivery to tight deadlines
- Good communicator, with good written and oral skills
- Competent at standard office software packages and project management tools
- Strong numeracy skills
- Proactive and self-motivated attitude
- Availability to travel
- Work within a research environment
- Experience in raising funds
- Demonstrable experience in managing issues related to Intellectual Property
- Events management experience
- Knowledge of the creative industries
- Languages: French/Spanish
- A degree level qualification
Due to the number of applications we receive, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for an interview. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date of your application you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
In order to comply with the Prevention of Illegal Working, Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act, you will need to provide appropriate documentation that proves that you are eligible to work in the UK.
D&AD is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and Diversity. It is our commitment that no member of staff or job applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, marital or parental status, race, colour, nationality, religion, belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.