Job title: Chief Digital Officer
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Salary: Competitive benefits and salary
Since 1962, D&AD has been inspiring a community of creative thinkers by celebrating and stimulating the finest in design and advertising. The D&AD Awards are recognised globally as the ultimate creative accolade, entered and attended by the best from around the world. But it's much more than just awards. Members join a vibrant global community, whilst creatives and clients are inspired by a world-class learning & development programme. As a non-profit advertising and design association, all D&AD's surpluses go straight into programmes such as New Blood, inspiring the next generation of creative talent and stimulating the creative industry to work towards a fairer more sustainable future.
This is a central strategic role to fully integrate digital into all aspects of the business from products and services to channels, processes, operating models and culture and to fully support D&AD’s 3-year business plan.
The right candidate will have a bold vision, be a strategic and creative thinker with technical expertise, with a proven track record of delivering and innovating through a digital transformation programme.
Commercially focused delivering D&AD’s existing products and services. However creative enough to think about new digital products and services.
Digital strategy and delivery
- Create, own and be accountable for the Digital transformation strategy and delivery across all D&AD’s product and services. Including but not limited to our Awards, Learning, Events, and Membership products.
- This includes maximising the opportunities with the existing products, but also in developing innovation in new product and services.
- Obsess about our customers and users, understanding customers behaviours and journeys across all channels to improve the customer experience.
- Creation and review of current and proposed technical business processes and solutions, across existing and new products and services to deliver a frictionless experience for customers and users.
- Keep up to date with technologies and use your knowledge to improve processes and quality, and identify new business opportunities and implementation of these.
- Liaise with external suppliers to oversee technical architecture, project development, organisation, processes and implementation of strategies.
- Partner with internal D&AD teams to develop initial concept for digital projects and define project scope, budgets and timelines as well as to ensure quality and timely development and delivery.
- Ensure that Digital projects are delivered successfully, and on time & budget.
- Ensure all proposals have been qualified from a Digital perspective.
- Complete internal systems and reports.
- Provide monthly reports to the Management team.
- Ensure any issues/variations are reported at the earliest opportunity.
- To ensure that all e-commerce and online activities function smoothly and effectively and that they ensure maximum returns on digital assets.
- Provide leadership to the digital and senior management team and to ensure D&AD has the right levels of skills and experience to allow for success in its digital transformation delivery.
- Knowledge Management, to facilitate the searching and sharing of knowledge throughout D&AD by:
- Ensuring D&AD’s internal systems are set up to effectively store information and knowledge for access and usage by staff.
- Reinforcing the importance throughout D&AD of the necessity to keep these information systems up to date and accurate, particularly with regard to working practices documentation for all programmes.
- Assisting in all aspects of industry-related knowledge research and information sourcing.
- Experience of current agile project management practices, open source, cloud platforms and digital and technology services.
- Demonstrable knowledge of IT/technical application security in relation to data and GDPR.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven skill for making the complex seem simple.
- Proven passion for unearthing revelatory insights.
- Ability to translate commercial requirements into digital solutions.
- Proven ability to effectively set and manage budgets and work cost-effectively.
- Proven leadership, management and delegation skills.
- Ability to proactively challenge current thinking and influence decision making.
- Ability to communicate and liaise professionally and effectively across all levels.
- Ability to prioritise and to work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines.
- Ability work on own initiative as well as with colleagues.
- Ability to respond to internal requests in an efficient and professional manner.
- Be resilient, able to negotiate and gain buy in.
- Customer focused and driven.
- Ability to translate technical information into practical solutions.
- Organised and efficient.
- Team player.
- Accurate and attentive to detail.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Thrives on challenge.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for an interview. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date of your application you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
In order to comply with the Prevention of Illegal Working, Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act, you will need to provide appropriate documentation that proves that you are eligible to work in the UK.
D&AD is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and Diversity. It is our commitment that no member of staff or job applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, marital or parental status, race, colour, nationality, religion, belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.