Job title: Freelance Project Producer Assistant for D&AD Shift with Google (Sydney)
Reports to: Shift Project Producer
Contract: Fixed term part-time contract — starting on the 19th March and delivery required part-time (inc. evening work) from 24th May (2024)– 6th September (2024)
Location: Sydney (requiring both remote and in-person working)
Salary: $346 AUD per day (Depending on experience)
Deadline: 21st February
Founded in 1962, D&AD is an organisation that is all about the pursuit of creative excellence within advertising and design - inspiring it, celebrating it and enabling it. A fundamental way of us achieving this is through our world-class learning programmes which upskill the current and future workforce.
Whilst our remit focuses on the advertising and design industry there is a broader goal, to demonstrate the positive impact that creativity can have across education, the economy and within society.
Purpose of job
We are looking to expand the team that delivers D&AD Shift with Google.
What is D&AD Shift with Google?
Shift exists to challenge the idea that there is only one route into a creative career. College/university fees and other systemic barriers have prevented some of the best talent from becoming part of our industry. The creative industry needs to change the way we recruit. We need to look at creating alternative pipelines and alternative education channels, to change the balance.
Shift is a different kind of talent program. A free, industry-led night school for outstanding, untapped and fresh creatives who don’t have a college degree or industry networks but are looking to kick-start a creative career.
Meeting twice a week online and within agencies around the city, a group of 20 emerging creatives will work on briefs and creative challenges for 15 weeks, culminating in a showcase and paid placements.
Your role will be to work with our established Shift team to help make this incredible opportunity happen for the 3rd year in Sydney.
We are looking for a Freelance Project Producer Assistant to support the delivery of our award-winning learning program in Sydney. In this role, you will work closely with the Shift team currently based in London, São Paulo, New York and Germany. You will be supporting the Project Manager in the successful delivery of the Sydney programme.
You'll be a pivotal force in driving the project successfully while helping reshape the future of design and advertising to be more inclusive and accessible for everyone.
Find out more about D&AD Shift with Google - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h1NUDCgDZ0
- Supporting the wider team of people responsible for the delivery of the Shift program
- Curriculum delivery; specifically helping to reach out to industry experts and securing their involvement in the program
- Supporting the outreach of the relevant grassroots organisation
- Supporting D&AD PR team with PR requirements in-market with local industry and consumer press
- Supporting project planning and management
- Session hosting and facilitation
- From time to time reacting to last-minute changes to the program due to unforeseen circumstances
- Giving constructive feedback on creative work
- Supporting the management of partners and key sponsors
- Monitoring and reporting progress – helping to ensure outcomes are achieved
- Establishing an excellent working relationship with the Shift cohort and be a point of contact for them
- Being a contact for industry employers, to maximize employment opportunities for the Shift cohort
- Supporting with event management and administration, including managing guest lists and organising catering
- Liaising with suppliers including venues and printers
- Documenting the night school and working with the London-based marketing team to share updates on social media
- Representing D&AD to Shift partners
Key Experience and Skills:
- Effective project delivery experience
- Experience of event/learning program delivery
- Experience in resource management
- Experience in facilitating discussion and/or training
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Keen interest in / experience in design and advertising
- Capable presenter
D&AD is committed to diversity, equality, equity, inclusion and respect for all. Providing a work environment in which all employees are treated with fairness, respect and dignity and which is free of discrimination, victimisation, bullying and harassment. At D&AD we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Please email email@example.com to let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made for any part of the recruitment process.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for an interview. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date of your application you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.