Role: Marketing Director
Reports to: CEO
Contract type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: £85,000 per annum
Location: This is a hybrid role, a minimum three days a week in the office D&AD, Shoreditch London, E2 6EH
Closing date: 6 December 2023
Reporting to the CEO, the Global Marketing Director will lead the development and implementation of the global communication strategy for all D&AD’s initiatives ensuring that each market has the necessary tools to create compelling comms programs and materials to support brand initiatives and launches. Overseeing all marketing areas, including Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing (Social and CRM), Activations/Experiences and Media. The role requires a deep understanding of the Advertising and Creative Industries and an innovative marketer who can execute across various channels while driving long-term strategies and building brand advocacy.
D&AD exists to stimulate, enable and celebrate creative excellence in the belief that great creative work creates better outcomes for all and that creative excellence is achieved through a diverse, inclusive, sustainable industry, making work relevant and representative of the communities it serves.
Our world-class Awards and Festival showcase the best commercial creative work in design, advertising, production and craft to raise the benchmark for excellence each year, and inspire and connect the global creative community.
D&AD Masterclasses deliver unrivalled professional development to help creative people at every stage of their working life acquire the skills and mindset to achieve creative excellence.
As a not-for-profit, D&AD provides new talent programs such as New Blood, which bridges the gap between education and industry, and Shift, a free, industry-led night school to help self-taught creatives enter the industry from outside traditional pathways.
About the role
- Oversee the Global Marketing team, encompassing Content, Social, Brand events, PR and Advocacy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify target audiences, market trends, and competitive landscape to inform marketing initiatives, grow our Creative Community and maintain D&AD’s status as the champion of Creative Excellence in the industry.
- Develop and execute D&AD’s marketing strategy and agile campaigns in line with D&AD’s global and local missions. This includes concepts, goals and objectives, creative briefs, through to timelines, budgets and execution.
- Collaborate with business team to uncover insights for developing marketing and branding strategies for existing and new products.
- Identify short and long-term scheduling and resource needs, including development and management of annual marketing budget, profit-and-loss projections, and expenditures.
- Oversee the creation and execution of these compelling marketing campaigns across various channels, including digital, social media, e-mail, content marketing, and video.
- Collaborate and partner with Events and Awards teams to ensure Global synergy to ensure an exceptional brand experience on and offline.
- Plan and optimise the global social content calendar, working closely with all Product teams.
- Support and review the creation of world-class content across all mediums, with hands-on creative involvement.
- Work closely with relevant global and local teams to ensure localising campaigns and messages are done effectively.
- Leading the CRM team with the implementation of new strategies.
- Work closely with the CEO to ensure marketing activities provide a return on investment.
- Understand key performance metrics and tracking tools for market research, forecasts, competitor analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends, and translate results into actionable insights for marketing team.
- Set benchmark goals and KPIs, create monthly and quarterly reports on how we are tracking, and advise on ways to optimise.
- Develop strategies to deliver and evaluate relevant data/analytics to ensure digital campaigns are tracked and optimised at all times.
- Ensure effective people management within the marketing team considering succession planning.
- Ensure all campaigns are forecast correctly and delivered within budget.
- Proven and demonstrable marketing experience including social, events and PR, at a global, director/senior management level
- Excellent leadership, communication, and decision-making skills
- Analytical with a strong KPI and ROI mindset
- Being a true creative, storytelling and understanding how to shape messages
- Multichannel digital marketing background
- Proven track record running successful marketing and communications teams
- Deep understanding of social media and content marketing
- Ability to successfully manage, develop and inspire a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, proactive ability and gravitas to maintain relationships and to influence and persuade others
- Proven ability to plan and manage budgets
- Exceptional understanding of the Advertising & Design Industries
- Experience in other creative Awards programs is an added benefit
- Confident in using Google Suite/Analytics, Monday.com, Slack, Salesforce, and CRM tools
- Desire to grow professionally through ongoing education
What do you get at D&AD?
Our aim is to go beyond monetary return and consider ourselves responsible for your well-being, your family, your health, your time, the community, sustainability and generally having fun at work. To achieve this we have a dedicated mental health and wellbeing team, a REAL team focusing on DEI, a sustainability team and a social team arranging fantastic events throughout the year.
- 8% Non-contributory pension
- Annual Leave starts at 23 days and increases with service up to 29 days per year, employees can also buy annual leave
- The office is closed over Christmas for 3 days
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Enhanced Maternity/parental leave packages
- Health insurance
- Stylish offices in the heart of Shoreditch, with social areas, shower facilities and our D&AD rooftop garden
- Free ground coffee, tea and breakfasts
- Social events throughout the year
- Discounted gym membership
- Volunteer leave
- Issued with a brand new apple mac on starting
- Hardship loan
- Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support Services (EAP)
- Discretionary bonus
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Policies that our staff love are dogs at work, TOIL and menstruation and menopause
D&AD is committed to diversity, equality, equity, inclusion and respect for all. Providing a work environment in which all employees are treated with fairness, respect and dignity and which is free of discrimination, victimisation, bullying and harassment. At D&AD we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Please email email@example.com to let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made for any part of the recruitment process.
In order to comply with the Prevention of Illegal Working, Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act, you will need to provide appropriate documentation that proves that you are eligible to work in the UK.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.