Job title: Learning Programme Senior Manager (Maternity Cover)
Reports to: Foundation Director
Location: 64 Cheshire Street, London, E2 6EH, happy to discuss flexible and hybrid working.
Contract: 12 months
Salary band: £42,000–46,000 (based on experience)
Benefits include: To see our extensive benefits please visit the careers page on our website
D&AD is a not-for-profit creative organisation that stimulates, enables and celebrates creative excellence through world-class awards, masterclasses, inspirational content, events and new talent programmes.
We believe that great creative work drives better outcomes, and that creative excellence is achieved through a diverse, inclusive, sustainable industry, making work that's relevant and representative of the communities it serves.
Whilst our remit focuses on the advertising and design industry there is a broader goal to demonstrate the positive impact that creativity can have across education, the economy and within society.
Purpose of the job
As a member of D&AD’s Foundation Team you will play a leading role in the development and delivery of learning programmes that equip creative people at all stages of their education and career with the skills required to succeed.
More specifically, this role will be responsible for the design and delivery of professional development programmes (D&AD Masterclasses) and for developing new learning experiences both online and in-person.
Developing team learning programmes
We work with a wide range of organisations as a creative learning provider; developing and delivering bespoke learning experiences to meet their exact needs. This ranges from 12-month inspirational workshops to a 4-month night-school to 3-day intensive innovation training to 1-off ideation workshops.
This role will lead on core aspects of the professional development portfolio, continuing its growth and overseeing the successful delivery of key projects.
The person will be working closely with D&AD’s sales function to diagnose client and organisational learning needs, and to be responsible for imagining, creating and delivering exciting, innovative, creative learning programmes.
Continuing to build our rolling programme of Masterclasses (online and in-person)
This role would also be responsible for the rollout of new products from D&AD, including curriculum development, coordinating the product launch, material development with trainers and ensuring the ongoing successful delivery.
Key tasks include but not restricted to:
- Identifying learning outcomes and designing innovative curriculum to fulfill these needs
- Bringing a creative approach to designing new learning products and tools for professionals at all stages of their careers
- Coordinating project partners, including clients, trainers and attendees
- Overarching project management - establishing and maintaining timelines, project plans and budgets
- Representing D&AD’s professional development programmes to clients, trainers and partners
- Presenting to senior stakeholders, both internal and external
- Leading new product development and launching new programmes for D&AD’s professional development portfolio
- Providing facilitation and event support for senior audiences; for example, hosting digital events, introducing trainers and learners etc
- Organising in-person and online training, with the support of others within the team
- Delivering excellent customer service
- The ability to design and produce learning experiences that deliver specific outcomes
- Excellent project management and proven experience delivering projects to time, budget and desired outcomes
- Experience of working in (or knowledge of) the advertising and design industry
- Experience of resource management
- Experience researching and recruiting experts and trainers to deliver specific learning outcomes
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding of commercial considerations for developing learning programmes
- Intuitive problem solver with experience delivering live learning programmes for senior attendees
- An interest in professional development for the creative industries
- Innovative and creative thinker
- An existing network of creative experts to draw on for programme delivery, where appropriate
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Suite
- Working knowledge of interactive learning tools such as Miro or Mural
The D&AD Foundation Team delivers wide-ranging projects and therefore whilst the list of tasks above will provide a good insight into the job you will need to be open to other duties as opportunities arise or circumstances change.
D&AD is committed to diversity, equality, equity, inclusion and respect for all. Providing a work environment in which all employees are treated with fairness, respect and dignity and which is free of discrimination, victimisation, bullying and harassment. At D&AD we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Please email email@example.com to let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made for any part of the recruitment process.
In order to comply with the Prevention of Illegal Working, Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act, you will need to provide appropriate documentation that proves that you are eligible to work in the UK.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for an interview. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date of your application you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.