Senior PR and Communications Manager
Reports to: Marketing Director
Location: Hybrid remote / London (Shoreditch)
Hours: Generally Mon-Fri 09.30 – 17.30, though we are happy to talk about flexible working.
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
D&AD is a not-for-profit creative organisation that stimulates, enables and celebrates creative excellence through world-class awards, masterclasses, inspirational content, events and new talent programs.
We believe that great creative work drives better outcomes, and that creative excellence is achieved through a diverse, inclusive, sustainable industry, making work that's relevant and representative of the communities it serves. Therefore everything we do is designed to support these values and serve the commercial creative industries to be fairer, more inclusive, and more robust to make excellent, impactful work.
You’ll participate in a company culture that fosters creativity, collaboration, equity and innovation, with an active social calendar, wellness program, DEEI initiatives and professional development support.
With game-changing brand and digital transformation on the horizon to enable D&AD to serve more creative individuals and businesses globally than ever before, we are looking for a Senior PR and Communications Manager to make D&AD the most authoritative, sought-after platform in the commercial creative industries of advertising, design, digital, production and media.
Reporting into the Marketing Director, the successful candidate will find innovative ways to communicate D&AD’s brand story through earned media, tapping into wider news agendas and conversations within cultures that are most meaningful and relevant to D&AD’s audiences and brand.
- Deliver innovative earned media strategies and disruptive PR campaigns with local adaptations to make D&AD famous and respected amongst creative professionals and emerging talent globally
- Build and foster key relationships with media, digital influencers, publicists and VIPs on behalf of the brand
- Make D&AD the essential, authoritative commercial creative destination and first point-of-call for journalists
- Engage D&AD in trending topics through both UK and international press for design, advertising, marketing, digital, and Gen Z communities
- Land larger broadcast, national and digital media stories to elevate D&AD’s reputation and reach new audiences
- Build strong relationships with industry and mainstream media platforms, securing consistent positive press coverage through ongoing active storytelling and provocation
- Promote and respect core brand values and work closely with other stakeholders of the Marketing team to deliver integrated campaigns and activations
- Analyse and generate insights from digital listening tools, brand research and media monitoring platforms to evaluate success and drive future decisions
- Write, distribute and follow-up on press releases, manage our press contact database and schedule interviews
- Organise media events, and manage media attendance at D&AD events
- Manage external PR partners, suppliers, collaborators and contractors
- Manage crisis communications with the support of Marketing Director and D&AD senior leadership team
- Minimum of 8+ years hands-on experience planning and implementing global media, PR and external comms strategies at brand level
- An established international network of existing journalists and contacts in the creative media space
- Excellent knowledge of the creative industries, particularly agencies and studios within the advertising, design, digital and production worlds, as well as the media who cover them
- A thorough understanding and working knowledge of digital media, current trends strategies
- Proven ability to network with senior industry leaders and press
- Understanding of social media relations and digital PR including SEO and link building
- Excellent editorial skills, written and oral communication skills
- Experience supporting, briefing and media-training spokespeople
- Ability to juggle multiple complex projects, manage priorities and to tight deadlines
- Experience coordinating and editing thought leadership, writing press releases, organising press briefings and compiling press packs
- Experience evaluating and analysing PR and media results using digital PR tools
Additional, preferred skills:
Fluency in any of the following languages a bonus: Brazilian Portuguese, German, French, Mandarin, Japanese
D&AD is committed to diversity, equality, equity, inclusion and respect for all. Providing a work environment in which all employees are treated with fairness, respect and dignity and which is free of discrimination, victimisation, bullying and harassment. At D&AD we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made for any part of the recruitment process.
In order to comply with the Prevention of Illegal Working, Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act, you will need to provide appropriate documentation that proves that you are eligible to work in the UK.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for an interview. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date of your application you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.