Performance Marketing Manager
Reports to: Senior Marketing Manager
Direct reports: Senior Marketing Executive
Location: London (Shoreditch)
Hours: 35 hours per week, (typically Mon – Fri 9:30am – 5:30pm) though we are happy to talk about flexible and hybrid working.
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000 per annum depending on experience
Benefits include: To see our extensive benefits please visit the careers page on our website
D&AD is a not-for-profit creative organisation that stimulates, enables and celebrates creative excellence through world-class awards, masterclasses, inspirational content, events and new talent programs.
Great creative work drives better outcomes, and creative excellence is achieved through a diverse, inclusive, sustainable industry, doing relevant work and representative of the communities it serves. Therefore, everything we do is designed to support these values and help the commercial creative industries to be fairer, more inclusive, and more robust to make excellent, impactful work.
You’ll participate in a company culture that fosters creativity, collaboration, equity and innovation, with an active social calendar, wellness program, DEEI initiatives and professional development support.
It’s an exciting time for D&AD, with transformative digital plans on the horizon that will enable us to serve more creatives globally than ever before. To help, D&AD is looking for an experienced performance marketing expert with a proven track record in managing paid social media campaigns and digital acquisition to drive growth across its portfolio of products.
The successful candidate will own our paid social campaigns, delivering ROI-focused performance marketing campaigns, ensuring they increase customer acquisition, retention and revenues, have the appropriate target audiences, and create long-term value for the business.
A stickler for detail and a lover of data, you are passionate about creating the best user journey possible for an audience. Customer-first, you champion the user experience and have a growth mindset. Alongside being data-driven, you are solutions-oriented, with a creative approach to problem-solving and genuine curiosity for tackling marketing growth challenges. The right candidate will also be customer-centric and focused on the entire user journey and lifetime cycle of the D&AD audience.
- Digital marketing for D&AD's Marketing/Ad content and paid/boosted content for D&AD's editorial social media
- Lead the development and delivery of D&AD’s growth marketing strategies across our awards and learning products portfolio.
- Working closely with D&AD’s appointed digital marketing agency, implement, manage and monitor the delivery of paid campaigns to time and budget
- Identify the insight needed to create the plans and work with relevant internal teams and agencies to acquire this
- Work with Business Development teams to ensure that marketing plans and sales are wholly joined up, including lead generation, up-sell, cross-sell, retention and advocacy
- Create and send campaign emails using Pardot
- Brief and oversee production of marketing materials and assets, using agencies and designers as required
- Work closely with the CRM Manager to implement data cleanse, enrichment and build, monitoring progress against KPIs
- Day to day management of campaign budgets, ensuring spend is allocated as appropriate; that all spending is accurately recorded and reported; and delivers the best result possible
- Regularly review and report on activity, spending and results, applying actionable insights to optimise where required
- Provide regular reporting against overall marketing and campaign KPIs for products in portfolio
- Define target audience segments and profiles, identifying propositions and messaging needed for each
- Write campaign copy across channels and marketing materials
- Work with Head of Content and Social Media Manager to ensure content and social media plans drive awareness and engagement with relevant target audiences
- Line manage the Senior Marketing Executive and support the day-to-day development of their growth marketing experience and expertise
- Minimum three years of experience in leading global digital marketing campaigns, including planning, complete campaign management and analysis across multiple markets
- Successful track record running international paid social campaigns across Meta, TikTok, LinkedIn and YouTube for a variety of audiences with proven ROI
- Copywriting for different marketing media
- Developing customer insight and improving customer experience
- Setting and implementing data strategies
- Stakeholder (internal and external) management
- Budget management
- Working closely with sales teams and in lead generation
- Ideally, experience in marketing education/learning products
Key competencies required:
- Strategic thinker with an analytical, data-driven and structured approach to decision-making.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Customer-oriented, with proven experience in mapping and optimising the customer journey
- Results-focused, able to demonstrate success via proven metrics
- Strong copywriting skills - able to clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Strong relationship skills - able to build and develop strategic working relationships across the business to facilitate the accomplishment of goals, leverage learning and share best practice
- Highly proactive, initiating attitude - able to take prompt action to accomplish objectives and dreams beyond what is required, with the energy and tenacity to address bottlenecks and barriers.
- Adaptable and flexible
D&AD is committed to diversity, equality, equity, inclusion and respect for all. Providing a work environment in which all employees are treated with fairness, respect and dignity and which is free of discrimination, victimisation, bullying and harassment. At D&AD we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Please email email@example.com to let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made for any part of the recruitment process.
In order to comply with the Prevention of Illegal Working, Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act, you will need to provide appropriate documentation that proves that you are eligible to work in the UK.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for an interview. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date of your application you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.