Job title: Event Assistant
Reports to: Event Manager
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Benefits: Please see our company website under careers for a detailed list
of our exciting benefits
Events include: D&AD Festival, Award Ceremony, New Blood Exhibition, New Blood Awards, New Blood Academy, Training, Annual Launch & Partnership Activation events and all internal events.
We are looking for someone keen to develop their events experience who is eager to support the Events team with D&AD’s year round programme. Highly motivated and organised, with an eye for detail.
You will need to be a charismatic ambassador for D&AD; a confident and effective communicator able to liaise with all project stakeholders, suppliers and partner organisations where necessary. You’ll need to be approachable, and consistent in manner - enthusiastic, energetic and friendly – committed to equal opportunities, tactful and discreet. It is important that you are extremely personable and not afraid of picking up the phone when the occasion calls.
You’ll need to be an effective solution provider, quick thinking, extremely well organised and calm under pressure. Experience creating and maintaining databases, project files and spreadsheets is beneficial.
The organisation is very busy, so open and regular communication with all members of the team is essential. There will inevitably be some less interesting tasks to be completed day to day – and you’ll have to combine these with the ability to think big, and have real ambition for D&AD year round programmes. The D&AD offices have a casual relaxed atmosphere, with a friendly fun team.
The work is events based and you will be required to work out of office hours and the time off in lieu policy will apply.
- Assisting with sourcing and briefing suppliers to deliver creative concepts.
- Researching new and exciting venues, competitor activity and updating the events calendar.
- Responding to event enquiries from guests, exhibitors and public.
- Assisting with event builds, layouts, information points, overseeing of staging and installations.
- Deputising for the Events Manager & Executive when they are unable to attend meetings and certain events for supplier, venue liaison, guest enquiries and requests
- Maintaining an excellent level of customer service & Hospitality at all D&AD events.
- Liaison with event Exhibitors handling queries, including changes to stand layouts, delivery times etc.
- Assisting the internal events programme.
- Guest Management for events, collating RSVP’s and data input for guests who have attended.
- Taking meeting minutes, maintaining project files, supplier paperwork, H&S documentation, risk assessments, logging stock, coordinating staff reimbursements
- Maintaining budget files & the contacts database
- Circulating information to internal and external stakeholders
- Lend support to other teams where needed
Skills & Experience
- Highly organised
- Excellent administrative skills
- Understanding of project management procedures
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- IT literate – Excel, Word (knowledge of Adobe software & sketch up would be ideal but not essential as training will be given)
- A keen Interest in event management
- Calm with attention to detail
- Resourceful – ability to come up with creative solutions to any problem that might arise
- Enthusiastic and Energetic – ability to make guests, suppliers, clients and staff feel welcomed.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Can-do attitude
- Able to liaise confidently and professionally with people at all levels.
- A team player with a good sense of humour and a hard working attitude
Due to the number of applications we receive, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for an interview. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date of your application you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
In order to comply with the Prevention of Illegal Working, Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act, you will need to provide appropriate documentation that proves that you are eligible to work in the UK.
D&AD is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and Diversity. It is our commitment that no member of staff or job applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, marital or parental status, race, colour, nationality, religion, belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.