Job title: Event Manager
Reports to: Senior Operations Manager
Direct Reports: Event Assistant
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Benefits: Please see our company website under careers for a detailed list of our exciting benefits.
We are looking for someone highly organised and with meticulous logistical skills to take on the overall delivery of the vibrant D&AD Festival, the D&AD Awards Judging and the prestigious D&AD Awards Ceremony. The Event Manager will also take an active role in supporting the ongoing D&AD events, hosted in the Event Space at 64 Cheshire St offices.
You need to be highly motivated, very well organised and efficient with a superb eye for detail. You need to be a meticulous forward planner and be able to foresee problems and solve them efficiently and effectively. You will need to be able to keep to targets and deliver promised outcomes under the pressure of multiple deadlines.
You must be charismatic, diplomatic, a confident and effective communicator who can liaise with all project stakeholders and partner organisations. You will need to be approachable, and consistent in manner, committed to equal opportunities, tactful and discreet. You need to quick-thinking, and crucially, calm under pressure with a can-do attitude.
We need someone who has the passion and energy to deliver this highly demanding programme, but also to be able to think big, with real ambition for D&AD and the year round programmes. The D&AD offices have a casual relaxed atmosphere, with a friendly fun team.
The work is events based and you will be required to work out of office hours and the time off in lieu policy will apply.
- Project Management of the D&AD Judging, Festival and Ceremony delivery, in collaboration with the Senior Operations Manager, Festival Director, Awards Director, Marketing, Partnerships, Digital, Sales and Ops teams.
- Deliver the project on time and on budget
- Detailed project planning including timelines and on-site planning documentation
- Work closely with partnerships on activations
- Work closely with marketing to ensure deliverables are all produced on time and within the brand guidelines
- Overall responsibility for the management of the event on site, including the get-in and get out, in collaboration with the Technical Production Manager
- Procurement of suppliers, such as Furniture, Catering, Services (such as security, cleaning etc)
- Leading on Environmental Print / Branding component of the events, liaising closely with printing company and design agency.
- Work closely with the Awards team to deliver the judging process to their brief with a seamless installation and break-down.
- Work closely with the Awards team to assist with the delivery of the Ceremony, contributing creative ideas and working flexibly to accommodate new ideas and developments.
- Manage additional support staff when appropriate
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the market activity, i.e. potential competitors, trends, best market practice and potential collaborators.
- Evaluation of the events and development for the future
- Managing the logistics for events off stage – including installations, site builds, supplier and venue liaison.
- Being the main contact for logistical suppliers for delivery of services and products.
- Creating, following up and maintaining event schedules
- Updating the project plans and project management systems
- Sourcing and briefing suppliers to deliver creative concepts
- Preparing briefs for suppliers to quote for services
- Circulating information to internal and external stakeholders
- Streamlining the venue sourcing process and ensuring event assistant maintains the database
- Health and safety documentation and risk assessments
- Maintaining budget files, contact lists and the events Calendar.
- High level of customer service at all D&AD events
- Transport logistics
- Event staff, porters, front of house, catering and hospitality
- Entertaining and artist liaison for live events
- Creative concepts for furniture, environment, sponsor areas
- To orchestrate the supplier review each autumn negotiating the best possible options for suppliers for the year ahead.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of programme and project management
- A minimum of 5 year’s Event Management experience
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Line Management experience of an event team
- Proven track record for delivering events on budget and on time
- Be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- IT literate – Excel, Word. Gmail good but not essential.
- Adobe Creative Suite desirable, but not essential
- A keen interest in design and advertising (good but not essential).
- Calm and resilient under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong forward planner with a logistical mind
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Confident networker and communicator
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Effective team leader
Due to the number of applications we receive, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for an interview. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date of your application you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
In order to comply with the Prevention of Illegal Working, Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act, you will need to provide appropriate documentation that proves that you are eligible to work in the UK.
D&AD is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and Diversity. It is our commitment that no member of staff or job applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, marital or parental status, race, colour, nationality, religion, belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.