Office hours: 09:30 to 17:30
Reporting to: Marketing Director
Location: E2 (Shoreditch, London)
You’ll be working within D&AD’s Digital Team, alongside Developers, Digital Project Managers and other specialists, helping to maintain and improve the various systems and applications underpinning the organisation. You will be the Administrator for a well-established and complex Salesforce implementation with up to 80 users, overseeing many business-critical processes and managing a variety of integrations to D&AD’s website and other bespoke web applications.
Reporting to the Marketing Director and working closely with both Senior Leadership and end-users across all other teams, you will be a key link between the Marketing, Sales and Operations functions within D&AD. You will line manage the CRM and Data Analyst Executive, and together you’ll be delivering support to Salesforce users as well as daily reports and dashboards to stakeholders and Senior Leadership. You will be the technical lead on all Salesforce projects, and will be expected to both propose and implement solutions.
This role is ideal for an experienced Salesforce Administrator, a creative technical problem solver and an adaptable communicator. Teamwork is central to D&AD’s culture, and you will have ample opportunity to play an active role in delivering some fun, challenging and diverse projects alongside a talented, hardworking and sociable team. You will be a key team member on the D&AD Awards (the most prestigious and sought-after international awards in the creative and design industries) and D&AD Festival (the UK’s biggest annual celebration of creative excellence), alongside many other well-established D&AD products and exciting, new projects currently in development.
If you are looking for a Salesforce-based role that is much more than Permission Sets and Workflows, this is the role for you.
The role takes a technical lead on the delivery of information systems across all business activities, and will be expected to work on a wide range of platforms (web, mobile, apps etc.) and to project manage with a technical perspective.
- Define, develop and deliver technology, systems and processes at both strategic level and implementation level.
- Administer, refine and develop integration and automation for all CRM processes.
- Deliver regular and ad hoc reports, dashboards and analysis for operational teams, sales, marketing and senior leadership, alongside actionable business insights
- Work with D&AD stakeholders to understand their business needs and scope the associated technical requirements.
- Communicate D&AD’s digital strategy and technical operations to other teams and where necessary formally present at internal and external meetings.
- Oversight of GDPR compliance, and input into Information Security practice at D&AD
You will work with the rest of the D&AD Digital Team to oversee on-going development and ensure maintenance and integration of D&AD’s digital platforms including:
- D&AD website.
- Professional and Student Awards entry systems.
- Professional and Student Awards archives.
- Customer Relationship Management system (Salesforce).
- Finance systems including integration with CRM (inc. Stripe and GoCardless).
- Project Management system (Wrike).
- 3 years extensive experience and knowledge of Salesforce and the Force.com platform including Sales and Service Cloud.
- Experience of administering a large Salesforce implementation
- Comprehensive knowledge of Salesforce automation tools including Process Builder and Lightning Flow
- Experience and knowledge of database systems (preferably MySQL), data development strategies and methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Excellent communication skills - comfortable translating a non-technical brief into technical requirements, equally comfortable explaining technical information to non-technical audiences
- Experience of Salesforce Einstein Analytics
- Experience with managing custom code in Salesforce, including managing and deploying changesets
- Experience of using Salesforce for Marketing activities, such as the use of ExactTarget or Pardot, or integration with tools like Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor
- Experience of programming using any of the following technologies:
- APEX, Visualforce
- Development frameworks (preferably, but not essentially, Zend and Django)
- Server-side development (preferably, but not essentially, PHP and Python)
- Creative problem solver.
- Self-starter and pro-active.
- Organised and efficient.
- Team worker.
- Accurate and attentive to detail.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Thrives on challenge.
- Authoritative and confident, but patient and diplomatic.
- Able to communicate technical issues in layman’s terms.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
The above duties are merely illustrative and are not exhaustive, and the role and your responsibilities are likely to grow and develop over time.