Job Title: Awards Liaison (D&AD Awards)
Reports to: Operations Manager
Role: Full time, Fixed-term contract: February-May 2023 (14 ½ Weeks Contract)
Deadline: 5th December 2022
Interviews: December 2022 - January 2023
Location: London E2 Office working
Salary: £24,000 per annum
Hours: Monday - Friday (9:00am-5:00pm)
Flexibility will be required when working to deadlines and Judging period 6th - 10th May 2023 on-site at The Old Truman Brewery for D&AD Awards Judging.
Founded in 1962, D&AD is an organisation that is all about the pursuit of creative excellence within advertising and design - inspiring it, celebrating it and enabling it. A fundamental way of us achieving this is through our world class learning programmes which upskill the current and future workforce.
Whilst our remit focuses on the advertising and design industry there is a broader goal, to demonstrate the positive impact that creativity can have across education, the economy and within society.
Purpose of the Job
The D&AD Awards gather the world's best creative work from across the commercial design, advertising, production and craft disciplines to be judged on more than 260 global creative leaders, practitioners and innovators.
We’re looking for an ambitious Awards Liaison to join our Awards team, it’ll be your job to help support the preparation and delivery of the D&AD Awards and make sure each piece of work submitted by our entrants is of the right standard and requirements to be judged.
- Keeping the work environment clean and tidy in collaboration with the Officer Manager
- Responsible for checking and processing packages arriving to the office
- Be a point of support for the operations manager, supervising and supporting the office-based team when necessary.
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and tidy
- Oversee the chasing of entrant packages to arrive at D&AD offices.
- Ensure that accurate cataloguing, storage, processing and warehousing of all award entries
- Provide a high level of customer service to entrants
- Use the D&AD query database to log and resolve all queries
- Use the D&AD logging system to record and check entry data
- Process and file physical/digital entries
- Sort and open packages
- Quality check moving image, stills and web/app entries
- Edit awards entry media where necessary
- Identify and resolve problems with entries, contacting the entrant where necessary
- Liaise with operations team and management to resolve complex problem
- Ensure all the entries are processed to the right standard in time for online judging
- Liasing with the judges to ensure they understand and complete the online judging process on time
- Resolve any issue that may be raised by the judges during the judging process
- Keeping management informed of any problems that may arise
- Ensure all communication with the judges is consistent and in line with D&AD’s tone of voice
- Quality control; ensure work is accurately prepared and displayed for judging
- Assist with the transportation to and set up of work at judging
- Support change over of jury sessions and judging rounds
- Help resolve any problems and queries
- Checking credits (Individual and company names) are accurate and free of errors
- Use the D&AD database to check and correct credits and images
- Proofread written information if necessary
- Comfortable working in a large team
- You love to learn and are excited by the prospect of a diverse workload
- Strong communication skills
- Keen interest in design and advertising
- Trustworthy and Reliable
- Sense of humour
D&AD is committed to diversity, equality, equity, inclusion and respect for all. Providing a work environment in which all employees are treated with fairness, respect and dignity and which is free of discrimination, victimisation, bullying and harassment. At D&AD we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you!
If you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for an interview. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date of your application you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.