Job title: Senior Programme Manager - D&AD Shift
Reports to: Foundation Director
Location: Hybrid working between home and office (64 Cheshire Street, London, E2 6EH)
Contract: Full time
Salary: £42k - £46K depending on experience
Deadline: 21 October 2022
Founded in 1962, D&AD is an organisation that is all about the pursuit of creative excellence within advertising and design - inspiring it, celebrating it and enabling it. A fundamental way of us achieving this is through our world class learning programmes which upskill the current and future workforce.
Whilst our remit focuses on the advertising and design industry there is a broader goal, to demonstrate the positive impact that creativity can have across education, the economy and within society.
Purpose of the job
What is D&AD Shift with Google?
Shift exists to challenge the idea that there is only one route into a creative
career. College fees and other systemic barriers have prevented some of the best talent from becoming part of our industry. The creative industry needs to change the way we recruit. We need to look at creating alternative pipelines and alternative education channels to change the balance.
Shift is a different kind of talent programme. A free, industry-led night-school for outstanding, untapped, and fresh creatives who don’t have a university degree orindustry networks but are looking to kick-start a creative career.
Launched in 2017 in London, Shift has grown fast. With the support of global partners adidas and Google, we now deliver in person within 4 cities globally, soon to be 5, deliver a free global online curriculum, and offer ongoing learning programmes for our alumni.
This role will be to lead on all aspects of the D&AD Shift portfolio - continuing to drive the successful delivery, lead on strategic development and innovate for the future of the programme.
This position also sits within a wider team that delivers learning programmes and content for a wide range of people - from those looking to get into the advertising and design industry through to leaders and founders. Although the role will focus on D&AD Shift there will be the opportunity and expectation that you will apply your knowledge and experience to these wider programmes as required.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a driven and ambitious individual with experience in the creative industry and learning & development space to be the driving force behind D&AD Shift, globally.
- Overarching project management - establishing and maintaining timelines, project plans and budgets
- Ensuring all elements are aligned with Shift overarching strategy
- Playing a key role in new product development and future innovations within Shift
- Innovating and updating the Shift curriculum
- Launching the programme in new locations
- Presenting to senior stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Representing the Shift programme to partners, senior industry representatives and potential applicants
- Facilitating workshops and learning content
- Writing and editing learning content
- Day-to-day management of delivery teams
- Creating global guides and documents to support on-the-ground teams with their delivery
- Developing future business and delivery models to future-proof Shift beyond current funding cycles
Key Experience and Skills
- Effective project management and delivery experience
- Experience of design and delivery of learning programmes - preferably within the creative industry
- Experience of international delivery and scaling of programmes across different markets
- Experience of resource management
- Experience of facilitating group discussion and/or training
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding of commercial considerations for developing learning programmes
- Strong understanding of the design and advertising industry
- Capable presenter who has delivered information / pitches to a wide variety of
- Direct experience of the advertising and design industry
There will be some nonstandard hours and global travel expected within this role.
The successful post holder will join a global community of people delivering and participating in Shift. They will also have access to a comprehensive training offer.
D&AD is committed to diversity, equality, equity, inclusion and respect for all. Providing a work environment in which all employees are treated with fairness, respect and dignity and which is free of discrimination, victimisation, bullying and harassment. At D&AD we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you!
If you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call on 0207 840 1111
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD website
Please note due to the number of applications we receive, we regret that you will not becontacted unless you are shortlisted for an interview. If you have not heard from us withinthree weeks of the closing date of your application you should assume that you have notbeen successful on this occasion.