Job title: Learning & Development Manager
Reports to: Senior Manager
Location: Hybrid working between home and office (64 Cheshire Street, London, E2 6EH) We are a flexible working employer.
Contract: Full-time (part-time hours will also be considered)
Salary band: £34,000 - £40,000 (based on experience)
Benefits include: To see our extensive benefits please visit the careers page on our website
Deadline: 1 July 2022.
D&AD is an organisation that is all about the pursuit of creative excellence within advertising and design - inspiring it, celebrating it and enabling it. A fundamental way of us achieving this is through our world class learning programmes which upskill the current and future workforce.
Whilst our remit focuses on the advertising and design industry there is a broader goal to demonstrate the positive impact that creativity can have across education, the economy and within society.
Purpose of the job
As a member of D&AD’s Foundation Team you will play a vital role in leading the development and delivery of learning programmes that equip creative people at all stages of their education and career with the skills required to succeed.
This role will involve managing the design and delivery of different learning programmes, including those aimed at professionals (D&AD Masterclasses), and those seeking to get into the creative industry (D&AD New Blood / D&AD Shift), developing new learning experiences both online and in-person.
Developing creative learning programmes
We work with a wide range of organisations as a creative learning provider; developing and delivering bespoke learning experiences to meet their exact needs. This ranges from 12-month inspirational workshops to a 4-month night-school to 3-day intensive innovation training to 1-off ideation workshops. This role would work closely with the Senior Managers to imagine, create and deliver exciting, innovative, creative learning programmes.
Key tasks include but not restricted to:
- Identifying learning outcomes and designing a creative programme and curriculum to fulfil these needs
- Bringing a creative approach to designing new learning products and tools for professionals at all stages of their careers. These learning products support our on-and-offline learning programmes, and are an extension of our creative delivery
- Liaising with project partners, including clients and trainers
- Designing curriculum
- Evaluating and innovating D&AD’s existing learning programmes
- Designing and creating learning materials
Delivery and client management
- Arranging and facilitating online and in-person programmes
- Providing facilitation and event support; for example, hosting digital events, introducing trainers and learners etc
- From time to time there are speaking / presenting opportunities
- Organising events with the support of others within the team
- Delivering excellent customer service to customers and clients
- Effective project management and delivery experience
- Proven organisational skills
- The ability to design and produce learning experiences that deliver specific outcomes
- Experience of resource management
- Experience of facilitating group discussion and/or training.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Keen interest in design & advertising
- Appreciation of how learning can be achieved through digital formats.
- Experience of working in (or knowledge of) the advertising and design industry
The Foundation Team delivers wide ranging projects and therefore whilst the list of tasks above will provide a good insight into the job you will need to be open to other duties as opportunities arise or circumstances change.
D&AD is committed to diversity, equality, equity, inclusion and respect for all. Providing a work environment in which all employees are treated with fairness, respect and dignity and which is free of discrimination, victimisation, bullying and harassment. At D&AD we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made for any part of the recruitment process.
In order to comply with the Prevention of Illegal Working, Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act, you will need to provide appropriate documentation that proves that you are eligible to work in the UK.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for an interview. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date of your application you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.