Job Title: Production Assistant (D&AD Awards)
Reports to: Operations Manager
Role: Full time, Fixed-term contract: February/May 2022 (11-13 Weeks Contract)
Deadline: January 7th 2022
Interviews: W/C 17th January 2022
Location: Hybrid working (two fixed days in the London office a week)
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Hours: Monday - Friday (9:30am-5:30pm)
Flexibility will be required when working to deadlines and Judging period
Founded in 1962, D&AD is an organisation that is all about the pursuit of creative excellence within advertising and design - inspiring it, celebrating it and enabling it. A fundamental way of us achieving this is through our world class learning programmes which up skill the current and future workforce.
Whilst our remit focuses on the advertising and design industry there is a broader goal, to demonstrate the positive impact that creativity can have across education, the economy and within society.
Purpose of the Job
The D&AD Awards gather the world's best creative work from across the commercial design,advertising, production and craft disciplines to be judged on more than 260 global creative leaders, practitioners and innovators.
We’re looking for an ambitious Production Assistant to join our Awards team, it’ll be your job to help support the administration and delivery of the D&AD Awards and make sure each piece of work submitted by our entrants is of the right standard and requirements to be judged.
● Deal confidently and efficiently with incoming and outcoming entry queries
● Provide a high level of customer service to entrants
● Use the D&AD query database to log and resolve all queries
● Ability to work with entrants, find out their needs and objectives and offer support on entry
● When required assist the Business Development team to make outbound calls/emails to companies and individuals who may potentially enter the D&AD Awards
● Use the D&AD logging system to record and check entry data
● Process and file digital entries
● Quality check moving image, stills and web/app entries
● Edit awards entry media where necessary
● Identify and resolve problems with entries, contacting the entrant where necessary
● Liaise with operations team and management to resolve complex problem
● If necessary support other Production Assistants across the Professional or New Blood Awards during busy periods.Online Judging
● Ensure all the entries are processed to the right standard in time for online judging
● Liasing with the judges to ensure they understand and complete the online judging process on time
● Resolve any issue that may be raised by the judges during the judging process
● Keeping management informed of any problems that may arise
● Ensure all communication with the judges is consistent and in line with D&AD’s tone of voice
● Quality control; ensure work is accurately prepared and displayed for judging
● Support and assist jury managers during judging sessions when required
● Help resolve any problems and queries
● Checking credits (Individual and company names) are accurate and free of errors
● Use the D&AD database to check and correct credits and images
● Proofread written information necessary
Key Experience and Skills
● Excellent proactive customer service both verbal and written
● The ability to work both independently and cohesively as part of a team
● Strong attention to detail and an ability to be flexible within all work matters
● Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
● Flexible approach to working hours, especially during judging period
● Computer literacy-highly proficient in G Suite and MS Office
● Working Knowledge of Adobe CC is desirable but not essential
● A second language would be desirable but not essential
● Comfortable working in a large team
● You love to learn and are excited by the prospect of a diverse workload
● Strong communication skills
● Keen interest in design and advertising
● Trustworty and Reliable
● Sense of humour
D&AD is committed to diversity, equality, equity, inclusion and respect for all. Providing a work environment in which all employees are treated with fairness, respect and dignity and which is free of discrimination, victimisation, bullying and harassment. At D&AD we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you!
If you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for an interview. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date of your application you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion
In order to comply with the Prevention of Illegal Working, Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act, you will need to provide appropriate documentation that proves that you are eligible to work in the UK.