Salesforce CRM Manager
Job Description Salesforce CRM Manager
Reporting to: Marketing Director
Location: Hybrid remote / office - London (Shoreditch) to be agreed
Office hours: 9:30 to 5:30
Salary: £40k per year plus great benefits detailed on website
D&AD is looking for a Salesforce CRM Manager to lead, optimise and deliver our customer data strategy. Reporting to the Marketing Director and working closely with Senior Leadership, end-to-end users, and the Digital Team, you will own, manage and implement D&AD’s CRM strategy, processes, integrations, and data management, optimising how we use Salesforce as our CRM platform while ensuring we remain GDPR compliant.
You will be a key link between the Marketing, Sales and Operations functions within D&AD to improve the way we deal with data and drive customer retention and loyalty. You will be the first point of contact for our Salesforce managed service agency, and together you’ll be delivering support to Salesforce users as well as daily reports and dashboards to stakeholders and Senior Leadership. You will be the lead on all Salesforce technical projects, and will be expected to both propose and implement end to end solutions.
This role is ideal for an experienced CRM Manager with a proven track record managing Salesforce as a whole CRM system and utilising and optimising it for improved business performance. Ideally you will have experience working with SQL and at least foundation practitioner GDPR qualifications with demonstrable experience delivering GDPR compliant data strategies and data management.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference as a key member of D&AD - a world renowned creative awards, learning provider and education charity. You will have ample opportunity to play an active role in delivering fun, challenging and varied projects alongside a talented, hardworking and friendly team. The role is based in London with a hybrid remote / office working arrangement.
- Define, develop and deliver CRM projects, technology, systems and processes at both strategic level and implementation level.
- Administer, refine and develop integration and automation for all CRM processes.
- Work with our Salesforce agency to restructure Salesforce, update and build Wave Dashboards, and rebuild and update Apex codes.
- Make data selections in the CRM and other D&AD databases to prepare, compile and clean data for a rolling schedule of mail, email and telemarketing campaigns and events.
- Update, research and validate data for marketing campaigns, events and sales pipelines, including D&AD members and VIP’s.
- Add, clean and validate company and individual records, making sure that contact data is accurate and complete.
- Carry out bulk imports into and deletion of data or information from CRM.
- Deliver regular and ad hoc reports, dashboards and analysis for operational teams, sales, marketing and senior leadership, alongside actionable business insights.
- Work with D&AD stakeholders to understand their business needs and scope the associated technical requirements.
- Be the first point of contact and project manager of our Salesforce managed service agency.
- Communicate D&AD’s data strategy and technical operations to other teams and where necessary formally present at internal and external meetings.
- Oversight of GDPR compliance, and input into Information Security practice at D&AD.
- Own and champion best practice data management, maintenance and quality assurance, ensuring all CRM and data users uphold D&AD’s data policy and processes.
You will work with the rest of the D&AD Digital Team to oversee data strategy and technical
integration of D&AD’s digital platforms including:
- D&AD website.
- Professional and Student Awards entry systems.
- Professional and Student Awards archives.
- Customer Relationship Management system (Salesforce).
- Finance systems including integration with CRM.
- Project Management system (Wrike).
- 3 years extensive experience and knowledge of Salesforce and the Force.com platform including Sales and Service Cloud.
- Experience of administering a large Salesforce implementation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Salesforce automation tools including Process Builder and Lightning Flow.
- Experience and knowledge of database systems (preferably MySQL), data development strategies and methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven experience contributing to and implementing strategy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Excellent communication skills - comfortable translating a non-technical brief into technical requirements, equally comfortable explaining technical information to non-technical audiences.
- GDPR practitioner.
- Experience working with SQL.
- Experience of Salesforce Einstein Analytics.
- Experience with managing custom code in Salesforce, including managing and deploying changesets.
- Experience of using Salesforce for Marketing activities, such as the use of ExactTarget or Pardot, or integration with tools like Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor.
- Creative problem solver.
- Self-starter and pro-active.
- Strong data analysis experience.
- Organised and efficient.
- Team worker.
- Accurate and attentive to detail.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Thrives on challenge.
- Authoritative and confident, but patient and diplomatic.
- Able to communicate technical issues in layman’s terms.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
The above duties are merely illustrative and are not exhaustive, and the role and your responsibilities are likely to grow and develop over time.
D&AD is committed to diversity, equality, equity, inclusion and respect for all. Providing a work environment in which all employees are treated with fairness, respect and dignity and which is free of discrimination, victimisation, bullying and harassment. At D&AD we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Please email email@example.com to let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made for any part of the recruitment process.
In order to comply with the Prevention of Illegal Working, Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act, you will need to provide appropriate documentation that proves that you are eligible to work in the UK.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for an interview. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date of your application you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.