Senior Partnership Manager
Job title: Senior Partnerships Manager: Client Services
Reports to: Partnerships Director
Location: Remote working + London E2 6EH
Salary: £40,000 per annum
A little about us:
Ours is an education charity, serving the global creative community. D&AD exists to stimulate, nurture and award creative excellence in design and advertising around the world. Not for profit. Just for creativity. Everything we do, everything we make we put right back in to inspire the next generation of creative talent and stimulate the creative industry towards a fairer, more diverse and sustainable future.
Some of the things we organise are:
- The world’s largest awards for new and emerging creatives
- An annual exhibition of the best new graduates in art and design
- A 2-week digital bootcamp, matching award-winning talent to leading agencies (that one picked up a UK Sponsorship Award for Excellence in Education)
- A free night school for self-made creators without a university degree in London, New York and Sydney (with two more cities in the next two years)
- The most prestigious, sought-after and hard to win professional awards in the business (you may have seen our Pencils)
- Branded Content
- Sponsored Masterclasses
- Bespoke events
Our partners include adidas, Google, Disney, Spotify and XBOX
Join our passionate team and help lead strategic B2B and B2C activations that deliver winning outcomes for our partners, D&AD and our shared audience.
Working with the Partnerships Director you will play a pivotal role in building and nurturing our trusted long-term client relationships, whilst leading, motivating and developing others.
You must be digital first, but capable of driving the business through exceptional digital and physical experiences. You will develop a culture of rock-solid delivery and a team mindset of going beyond client expectations to create the conditions and opportunities for excellence.
- Organise and lead the delivery of our D&AD partnerships – with a particular focus on the New Blood Academy with WPP (link)
- Conduct a review of our existing operations and make recommendations to optimise our activation strategy. To include: Planning, Implementation, Measurement and Reporting against both the clients’ and D&AD’s business goals.
- Work with internal stakeholders to research and agree a set of robust deliverables against each D&AD product. These will be the building blocks for the experiences we create – and the basis for team efficiencies throughout the year.
- Set the standard of team operations, dictating the structure and running of the partnership to ensure projects and deliverables are in-line with strategic imperatives and are delivered on time, within budget and to the highest standards of excellence.
- Build solid relations with clients’ earning respect at all levels and demonstrating a strong and thorough understanding of their business.
- Serving as a trusted senior client partner, aware of all account business and able to identify opportunities, address enquires and challenges with confidence and knowledge
- Developing strong relationships across D&AD departments, understanding how to best leverage the services and specialisms available while ensuring internal resource is used smartly
- Delegating effectively with enthusiasm and context; sharing and instilling understanding and eagerness across D&AD teams
- Line Management and shared responsibility (with the Partnerships Director) for the development and support of a Partnerships Manager
- Relevant experience within a creative agency or equivalent in a Senior Client Services role
- You will be at home with industry metrics (especially web, social and email) and be able to translate this raw data into actionable insights that help inform our partnership recommendations.
- You will be an expeirenced project manager, PRINCE2 qualification or equivalent desired
- Familiarity with leading high-profile strategic marketing and activation projects – especially digital
- Good industry knowledge of advertising agencies and design groups
- Ability to cultivate strong, professional and effective working and management relationships with staff and partners at all levels
- A self-motivated methodical, problem-solving approach to work
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate clearly and concisely and offer a strong, collaborative and constructive presence in client and internal meetings.
- Keynote, Excel, Indesign, Wrike, Saleforce or other PM platforms (desirable)
Due to the number of applications we receive, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for an interview. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date of your application you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
In order to comply with the Prevention of Illegal Working, Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act, you will need to provide appropriate documentation that proves that you are eligible to work in the UK.
D&AD is committed to a policy of Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. It is our commitment that no member of staff or job applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, marital or parental status, race, colour, nationality, religion, belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.