Job title: Assistant Project Producer for D&AD Shift Sydney with Google.
Reports to: Foundation Director.
Location: Sydney NSW (requiring both remote and in person working).
Contract: Fixed term part-time contract.
Anticipated delivery required part-time from Nov – July (core delivery from Feb to June).
Salary: On application.
Founded in 1962, D&AD is an organisation that is all about the pursuit of creative excellence within advertising and design - inspiring it, celebrating it and enabling it. A fundamental way of us achieving this is through our world class learning programmes which upskill the current and future workforce.
Whilst our remit focuses on the advertising and design industry there is a broader goal, to demonstrate the positive impact that creativity can have across education, the economy and within society.
Purpose of the job
We are looking to expand the team that delivers D&AD Shift with Google to Sydney.
What is D&AD Shift with Google?
Shift exists to challenge the idea that there is only one route into a creative career. College fees and other systemic barriers have prevented some of the best talent from becoming part of our industry. The creative industry needs to change the way we recruit. We need to look at creating alternative pipelines and alternative education channels, in order to change the balance. Shift is a different kind of talent programme. A free, industry-led night-school for outstanding, untapped and fresh creatives who don’t have a four-year college degree or industry networks but are looking to kick-start a creative career.
Meeting twice a week online and in agencies around the city, a group of 20 emerging creatives will work on briefs and creative challenges for 15 weeks, culminating in a showcase and paid placements.
Your role will be helping to make this incredible opportunity happen within Sydney.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a freelance assistant Project Producer to join the Shift team currently based in London and New York, to manage and deliver the Shift programme in Sydney
- Supporting the senior Producer to deliver the Shift programme
- Research, contact and monitor outreach partners to drive Shift applications
- Curriculum delivery, specifically reaching out to industry experts and securing their involvement in the programme
- Supporting project planning and project management
- Session hosting and facilitation
- Giving constructive feedback on creative work
- Supporting the management of partners and key sponsors
- Monitor and report progress – helping to ensure outcomes are achieved
- Establish an excellent working relationship with the Shifters and be their first
- Be the contact for industry employers, in order to match-make and maximize point of contact employment opportunities for the Shifters
Key Experience and Skills
- Effective project delivery experience
- Client and account management
- Experience of design and delivery of learning programmes
- Experience of resource management
- Experience of facilitating discussion and/or training
- Events experience
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Keen interest in design and advertising
- Capable presenter who has delivered information / pitches to a wide variety ofstakeholders.
- Basic in-design skills
- Experience of working in (or knowledge of) the advertising and design industry
D&AD is committed to diversity, equality, equity, inclusion and respect for all. Providing a work environment in which all employees are treated with fairness, respect and dignity and which is free of discrimination, victimisation, bullying and harassment. At D&AD we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you!
If you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey. You can email email@example.com, or call on 0207 840 1111.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD website
Due to the number of applications we receive, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for an interview. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date of your application you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.