Marketing Manager – D&AD Masterclasses
Reports to: Marketing Director
Location: Remote / London (Shoreditch)
Hours: 35 hours per week, (typically Mon – Fri 9:30am – 5:30pm)
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Closing date: 31 July 2021
Job Objectives: D&AD is looking for a Marketing Manager to support the growth of its portfolio of learning products. The successful candidate will deliver value-driving marketing strategies and campaigns for D&AD Masterclasses, ensuring that these drive customer acquisition, retention and revenues; deliver the appropriate target audiences; and create long-term value for the business.
Marketing strategy and planning:
- Define target audience segments and profiles, and identify propositions and messaging needed for each
- Create strategic marketing plan for the Masterclasses portfolio, with emphasis on digital marketing
- Identify insight needed to drive the plans, and work with relevant internal teams and agencies to acquire this
- Work with D&AD appointed PR agency to create a compelling PR plan to drive awareness and engagement with Masterclasses offering
- Create a media and reciprocal partnerships plan (including media partners, professional memberships groups and other relevant organisations) to reach and engage target audiences
- Work with Head of Content and Social Media Manager to create a content and social media plan that drives awareness and engagement with Masterclasses
- Create a data strategy that covers data usage, data acquisition, and data cleansing / enrichment
- Work with Business Development Manager to ensure that marketing plans and sales are fully joined up, including plans for lead generation, up-sell, cross-sell and retention
Campaign implementation and management:
- Working closely with D&AD’s appointed digital marketing agency, implement, manage and monitor the delivery of the digital marketing campaigns to time and budget
- Regularly review activity, spend and results, and optimise or remediate as appropriate
- Write campaign copy across channels and marketing materials
- Create and send campaign emails, using Mailchimp
- Produce marketing materials and assets, using agencies and designers as required
- Brief and manage agencies and suppliers for other campaign deliverables as required
- Ongoing relationship management of partners; including ensuring all partnership contra requirements are fulfilled
- Work closely with the CRM and Data Manager to implement data cleanse, enrichment and build, monitoring progress against KPIs
- Work closely with Business Development Manager on provision of effective sales leads, reporting on results and effectiveness
- Agree annual marketing budget for portfolio with Marketing Director
- Day to day management of budget, ensuring spend is allocated as appropriate; that all spend is accurately recorded and reported; and delivers the best result possible
Analysis and reporting:
- Work with digital and data teams, and external agencies, to track and analyse campaign performance, optimising where required
- Provide regular reporting against overall marketing and campaign KPIs for products in portfolio
- Market reach
- Market engagement, including lead generation
- Customer acquisition – volume and value
- Increase retention and advocacy
- Minimum three years’ experience of digital marketing, including planning and campaign management
- Copywriting for different marketing media
- Experience of developing customer insight and improving customer experience
- Experience of setting and implementing data strategies
- Experience in stakeholder (internal and external) management
- Experience in budget management
- Experience of working closely with sales teams, and in lead generation
- Ideally experience of marketing education / learning products
Key competencies required:
- Strategic thinker, with an analytical, data-driven and structured approach to decision-making.
- Highly organised with ability to manage multiple projects
- Customer-oriented, with proven experience in mapping and optimising the customer journey
- Results-focused, able to clearly demonstrate success via proven metrics
- Strong communication and presentation skills - able to clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Strong relationship skills - able to build and develop strategic working relationships across the business to facilitate the accomplishment of goals, leverage learning and share best practice
- Highly proactive, initiating attitude - able to take prompt action to accomplish objectives and goals beyond what is required, with the energy and tenacity to address bottlenecks and barriers.
- Adaptable and flexible
Due to the number of applications we receive, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for an interview. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date of your application you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
In order to comply with the Prevention of Illegal Working, Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act, you will need to provide appropriate documentation that proves that you are eligible to work in the UK.
D&AD is committed to a policy of Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. It is our commitment that no member of staff or job applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, marital or parental status, race, colour, nationality, religion, belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.