Digital Content Editor
D&AD HQ Temporarily Remote
Job Description: Digital content editor - full time
Reporting to: Head of Content
Salary: £30, 000 - £35,000 per annum depending on experience
Closing date: 16th April 2021
You will play a pivotal role within D&AD’s in-house Marketing and Digital team. You will be a writer, editor and digital content manager responsible for producing, editing, optimising, and uploading engaging digital-first content that appears on dandad.org.
An experienced digital content editor, you will be proficient in maximising audience engagement and navigation around a ‘content-heavy’ customer focused website and will be responsible for day-to-day maintenance, updates and optimisation of website content, delivering continuous website improvement and supporting the team in maximising the potential of D&AD’s website.
You will express an interest in the commercial creative industries, specifically advertising and design, and be passionate about digital storytelling that will delight, entertain and engage a global and discerning audience that D&AD reaches.
- Write, edit and publish content directly into the dandad.org CMS - and align with social
- Develop and manage the publishing, maintenance, content and page updates workflow within the D&AD custom CMS (Django) to ensure that content is published and web edits are completed on time and accurately
- Act as a CMS superuser to deliver web edits and fixes, spotting opportunities to improve efficiencies and provide recommendations for on-site improvements
- Build and update content and product pages on the D&AD website
- Edit and produce diagrams, animation, video snippets or charts that increase users understanding
- Make decisions about structure, layout and navigation to ensure our content works digitally
- Liaise with digital and product teams to handle incoming content and website edit requests
- Take a proactive approach to ensuring that all sections of the site are kept up to date and developed appropriately in our brand and house style
- Ensure that all copy is consistent, fits the Tone of Voice and Style Guide and is accurate
- Ensure all content and website pages follow SEO guidelines and current best practices
- Proofread and rewrite content drafted by other team members
- Work closely with the digital team to expand content capabilities within the CMS
- Collaborate on web development to achieve our online targets including optimising conversion rates
- Investigate and correct any operational and technical issues arising
- Support with content KPIs and website performance reporting
- Read, interpret, share and learn from data & analytics to inform future content plans and iterations
Skills / Experience
- 3-5 years experience publishing daily content at digital media publisher or in-house for a content-led brand
- Proven track record of writing and editing for websites, including managing the day to day running of a large website and following the lifespan of an article
- Hands-on experience with CMS editing, maintenance, and publishing
- Experienced in turning content into engaging web pages
- Experience using image editing software such as Photoshop
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Good understanding of brand principles, particularly brand identity
- Excellent written skills and able to write to style guidelines
- Practical knowledge of web technologies
- Proficiency using Google Analytics, Data Studio and Search Console
- Experience of collaborating with marketing, product and dev teams
- Ability to plan, coordinate and prioritise projects simultaneously
- Highly organised, with great time and deadline management skills
- Able to identify any foreseen delays to deliver content on a tight deadline
- Confident communicator, able to articulate and share ideas across teams
- Deliver high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Creative, innovative and willing to contribute ideas and professional opinion
- A proactive and flexible individual
- A team player
Additional, preferred skills
- Passionate about the creative industries, particularly agencies and studios within the advertising, design, digital and production worlds
- Experience with multilingual websites and content migration
- Exposure to digital marketing channels such as SEO, PPC, and Social would be highly beneficial for this role
- Confident in managing your own workload
Due to the number of applications we receive, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for an interview. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date of your application you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
In order to comply with the Prevention of Illegal Working, Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act, you will need to provide appropriate documentation that proves that you are eligible to work in the UK.
D&AD is committed to a policy of Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. It is our commitment that no member of staff or job applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, marital or parental status, race, colour, nationality, religion, belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.