Job title: Project Producer
Reports to: Foundation Director
Location: 64 Cheshire Street, London, E2 6EH
Contract: Maternity cover, part or full time, commencing as soon as possible
Salary band: £28,000 plus depending on experience
Benefits include: To see our extensive benefits please visit the careers page on our website
Deadline: 3 February 2021
D&AD is an organisation that is all about the pursuit of creative excellence within advertising and design - inspiring it, celebrating it and enabling it. A fundamental way of us achieving this is through our world class learning programmes which upskill the current and future workforce.
Whilst our remit focuses on the advertising and design industry there is a broader goal to demonstrate the positive impact that creativity can have across education, the economy and within society.
Purpose of the job
As a senior member of D&AD’s Foundation team you will play a vital role in leading the development and delivery of learning programmes that equip creative people at all stages of their education and career with the skills required to succeed.
A fundamental part of this will role will be to deliver and support the growth of New Blood Shift.
What is New Blood Shift?
New Blood Shift exists to challenge the idea that there is only one route into a creative career. College fees and other systemic barriers have prevented some of the best talent from becoming part of our industry. The creative industry needs to change the way we recruit. We need to look at creating alternative pipelines of talent and alternative education channels.
New Blood Shift is an unconventional talent programme. A free, industry-led night-school for outstanding, untapped and fresh creatives who don’t have a university degree or industry networks but are looking to kick-start a creative career.
- To manage and deliver the Shift night school programme primarily in London but may also include other locations. Key tasks include but not restricted to:
- Research and contact outreach partners to drive applications to Shift
- Curriculum design and delivery
- Project planning and project management
- Speaker / session outreach
- Session hosting and facilitation
- Giving constructive feedback on creative work
- Innovating the programme to ensure that we maximise our impact
- Support the management of partners and key sponsors
- Ensure outcomes are achieved against milestones
- Monitor and report progress to partners
- Establish an excellent working relationship with the Shifters and be their first point of contact
- Be the contact for industry employers, in order to match-make and maximise employment opportunities for the Shifters
- Supporting the development and delivery of D&AD’s other learning products for example the New Blood Academy and D&AD Masterclasses
- Translating D&AD’s learning curriculum into deliverable products both on and off line
- Providing industry insight to support learning and employment programmes
The Foundation delivers wide ranging projects and therefore whilst the list of tasks above will provide a good insight into the job you will need to be open to other duties as opportunities arise or circumstances change.
Key Experience and Skills
- Effective project management and delivery experience
- Client and account management
- Experience of design and delivery of learning programmes
- Experience of resource management
- Experience of facilitating group discussion and/or training
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Keen interest in design & advertising
- Capable presenter who has delivered information / pitches to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Basic in-design skills
- Experience of working in (or knowledge of) the advertising and design industry
- Appreciation of how learning is maximised through digital formats
- Learning curriculum design
Due to the number of applications we receive, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for an interview. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date of your application you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
In order to comply with the Prevention of Illegal Working, Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act, you will need to provide appropriate documentation that proves that you are eligible to work in the UK.
D&AD is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and Diversity. It is our commitment that no member of staff or job applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, marital or parental status, race, colour, nationality, religion, belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.