D&AD Awards Production Assistant 2021
Deadline: Friday 15th January 2021
Interviews: w/c 18th January 2021
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Contract: February/May 2021 (11–13-week contracts)
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Hours: Monday–Friday (9:30am–5:30pm)
Flexibility will be required when working to deadlines and Judging period.
The project & the role
The D&AD Awards gather the world's best creative work from across the commercial design, advertising, production and craft disciplines to be judged by more than 260 global creative leaders, practitioners and innovators.In this role, it’ll be your job to help support the administration and delivery of the D&AD Awards and make sure that each piece of work submitted by our entrants is of the right standard and requirements to be judged.
- Deal confidently and efficiently with incoming and outgoing entry queries.
- Provide a high level of customer service to entrants.
- Use the D&AD query database to log and resolve all queries.
- When required assist the telesales team to make outbound calls to companies and individuals who may potentially enter the D&AD Awards.
- Use the D&AD logging system to record and check entry data.•Quality check moving image, stills and web-based entries.
- Edit awards entry media where necessary.
- Store and file edited media appropriately.
- Where possible convert files that do not meet media specifications.
- Identify and resolve problems with entries, contacting the entrant where necessary.
- Complete the detailed cataloguing and checking process in preparing the work in time for judging.
- Ensure the immaculate presentation and condition of work at all times.
- Liaise with management to resolve complex problems.
- If necessary support other Production Assistants across the Professional or New Blood Awards during busy periods.
- Ensure all the entries are catalogued in time for online Judging.
- Communicate with the judges to ensure they understand and complete the online judging process on time.
- Resolve any issue that may be raised by the judges during the judging process.
- Ensure management is informed of any problems that may arise.
- Ensure all communication with the judges is consistent and in line with D&ADs tone of voice.
- Ensure work is accurately prepared and displayed for judging.
- Support & Assist jury managers during Judging sessions when required.
- Help resolve any problems and queries.
- Checking credits (individual and company names) are accurate and free of errors.
- Use the D&AD database to check and correct credits and images.
- Proofread written information where necessary.
Skills required for the job
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent proactive customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Flexible Approach to working hours, especially during Judging Period.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of digital media and file types.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Production Suite (Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop, is desirable but not essential).
- A second language would be desirable but not essential.
- Flexible approach to workload
- Knowledge of the advertising and design industry(desirable but not essential)
- Sense of humour
Due to the number of applications we receive, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are shortlisted for an interview. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date of your application you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
In order to comply with the Prevention of Illegal Working, Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act, you will need to provide appropriate documentation that proves that you are eligible to work in the UK.
D&AD is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and Diversity. It is our commitment that no member of staff or job applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, marital or parental status, race, colour, nationality, religion, belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD careers page.